Carry on Items
In addition to the checked baggage allowance, each passenger is allowed to hand carry one baggage at maximum length 56 cm (22 inches), width 45 cm (18 inches), thickness 25 cm (10 inches). These dimensions include wheels, handles, and side pockets.
Total weight of the carry-on baggage must not exceed 7 kg (15 lb).
Passengers are required to place the baggage in the overhead compartment or under their own seat.
Passengers can bring the following items free of charge :
• Handbag/wallet/purse with the maximum length 37.5 cm (15 inches), width 25 cm (10 inches), depth 12.5 cm (5 inches), or the total of three dimensions do not exceed 75 cm (30 inches) with the total weight not exceeding 1.5kgs(3.3lb). Notebooks or portable personal computers are also applied with this condition.
• Walking stick (crutches) used by elderly passengers, sick passengers, and handicapped passengers
• Camera or small binoculars
• Infant food
Spot check may be performed against the test unit and/or weighing machine at the check-in counter and/or at the boarding gate to ensure compliance to these regulations.
Items unacceptable as baggage
We reserve the right to refuse carriage of such baggage or such items found in baggage as follows:
• Items which are not properly packed in suitcases or other suitable containers in order to ensure safe carriage with ordinary care and handling
• Items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and in our Terms and Conditions of Contract
• Items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state or country to be flown from, to or over
• Items which in our reasonable opinion are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, shape, size or character;
• Fragile or perishable items
• Packing containers which load fresh or frozen seafood/meats or other meats with/without ice cube provided that such items may be carried on board as hand luggage only if we are satisfied that they have been properly packed. Should passengers refuse any inspection, we have the right to reject admission of luggage
• Fresh or frozen seafood or other meats provided that such items may be carried on board as hand luggage only if we are satisfied that they have been properly packed
• Firearms and ammunition
• Explosives, flammable or non-inflammable gas (such as aerosol paints, butane gas, lighter refills) refrigerated gas (such as filled aqualung cylinders, liquid nitrogen), flammable liquids (such as paints, poisons, infective substances (such as viruses, bacteria), radioactive material (such as radium) corrosive materials (such as acid, alkali, mercury, thermometers), magnetic substances, oxidizing materials (such as bleaches)
• Weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items provided that such items may be allowed as checked baggage at our absolute discretion for very special reasons. These cannot be carried into the aircraft for any reason whatsoever
Valuable and Fragile Goods
Passengers are strongly advised not to Check-In such items as baggage. If they are checked in as baggage, passengers agree they send for carriage of such items at their own risk. Such items include money, jewelry, precious metals, silverware, electronic devices, computers, cameras, video equipment, negotiable papers, securities or other valuables, passports and other identification documents, title deeds, artifacts, manuscripts and the like.
Pets will not be allowed on board at any cases.
Items Require Special Handling
Such items as surfboard, archery equipment, bicycle, fishing equipment, which require special handling, are entitled your normal checked baggage allowance (the weight of these items will be included with normal checked baggage).
Right to Search
For safety and security reason, the company may require a passenger to undergo a search, x-ray or other type of scan on the passenger him/herself or the baggage. In the event when the baggage is left unattended the company reserves the right to search such baggage in passenger absence, for the purpose of determining whether the passenger has follow terms and conditions as stated in section 7.1 of or whether the passenger’s baggage contains any unacceptable or prohibited items. If the passenger refuses to comply with such searches or scans the company reserves the right to refuse carriage of the passenger and belonging baggage without refund of fare and any other liability to the passenger. In the event that a search or scan causes injury to the passenger or cause damage to passenger’s baggage, the company shall not be liable for such injury or damage unless the same is due to the company fault or negligence.
Upon delivery to us of baggage to be checked, the company shall take custody thereof and issue a Baggage Identification Tag for each piece of checked baggage. Checked baggage must have your name or other personal identification affixed securely to it. Checked baggage will be carried on the same aircraft as passenger unless the company decides to carry it on an alternative flight for safety, security or operational reasons. If your checked baggage is carried on a subsequent flight the company will deliver it to the station of passenger’s destination within a reasonable time of arrival of that flight unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance.
Free Baggage Allowance
Baggage must weight no more than the allowable allowance, depending on the conditions and limitations set forth in the regulations of the aviation company.
Smile Class Free of charge baggage allowance of 20 kilograms
Smile Plus Free of charge baggage allowance of 30 kilograms
Unchecked Baggage Must weight not more than 7 kilograms, otherwise extra charges may apply
Excess Checked Baggage
Passenger is allowed to carry luggage weight not more that stated in section 7.7 free of charge. Passenger may not bring baggage weighting more than the threshold that allow transport without any charges. If, in the company absolute discretion, baggage in excess of the free baggage allowance is accepted for carriage, the passenger shall pay a charge for the carriage of that excess baggage at the rate of THB 100 per kilogram for domestic routes inclusive of taxes and THB 300 per kilogram for regional routes.
According to the company terms and conditions of contract, only one (1) piece of baggage is allowed to be carried on board; the sizes must not weigh more than 7kg and must not exceed the dimensions of 36cm X 56cm X 23cm. Such baggage must fit under the seat in front of you or in an enclosed storage compartment in the cabin. Items determined by us to be of excessive weight or size or of an offensive nature will not be permitted on board. Container or material which is not fit for transportation must be stored in the cargo and shall not be brought on board. Furthermore fruits are allowed on board as cabin baggage however the item must be packed and sealed properly. With exception to durian, jackfruit and fruits with a pungent smell which are universally prohibited to carry into the aircraft with no exception.
Collection and Delivery of Baggage
• Passenger shall collect your baggage as soon as it is available for collection at places of destination. If you do not collect it within a reasonable time and the baggage needs to be stored at the company premises, the company may charge a storage fee. If checked baggage is not claimed within three (3) months of the time it was made available, the company may dispose of it without any liability to the passenger. Only the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag can claimed such a baggage and entitle to the delivery of baggage. If a person claiming the baggage is unable to produce a Baggage Identification Tag for identification of the baggage, we will deliver the baggage to such person only on condition that he or she has proven his or her right to the company, and if required by company, such person shall furnish adequate security to indemnify the company for any loss, damage or expense which may be incurred by the as a result of such delivery. Acceptance of baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag without complaint at the time of delivery is prima facie evidence that the baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the aviation contract.
• However, this must be within a reasonable amount of time and delivery distance. If otherwise the company will not compensate but will investigate and inform the bearer of the Baggage Identification Tag of the scheduled arrival time.
In the event when the baggage delivery is delayed, the company may consider compensating for domestic route THB 500 (about USD 15) per person for passenger travelling on Economy Class “Smile Class and THB 650 (about USD 20) per passenger for passenger travelling on Premium Economy Class “Smile Plus”.
For international routes, a compensation of THB 650 (about USD 20) per person may be compensated to passenger travelling on Economy Class “Smile Class” and THB 1,000 (about USD 30) per person for passenger travelling on Premium Economy Class “Smile Plus”. The passenger must fill in the “Claim Form”, which is available at the airport ticket counter before forwarding it to the company to proceed.
The passenger must immediately inform the company, in the case where the baggage has been damaged wherewith contact to THAI Smile’s ground service at the airport and passenger must fill in the “Claim Form”, which is available at the airport ticket counter before forwarding it to the company to proceed. The right to damages shall be elide if an action is not brought against us within 07 days after issuing the claim form. The company is unable to accept liability for normal wear and tear to baggage. This includes, cuts, scuffs, scratches, dents and marks; damage to or loss of parts of baggage, including straps, pockets, hooks, external locks, zipper tabs or other parts attached to the baggage, over-packed or unsuitably-packed baggage; damage of inherent defect or poor quality, as well as special package for music instruments, painting, or medical materials of which considered fragile.
In the event when the passenger has arrived at the destination and did not receive the baggage within 24 hours and not received the baggage after 14 days (base on the arrival date). The company will be responsible for the lost baggage and pay compensation of THB 100 (about USD 3) per kilogram for Economy Class “Smile Class” passenger and Premium Economy Class “Smile Plus” passenger.
The company shall not pay more than THB 2,000 (about USD 60) per 1 piece of the lost baggage for Economy Class “Smile Class” passenger and THB 3,000 (about USD 100) for Premium Economy Class “Smile Plus”. The Passenger must fill in the “Claim Form”, which is available at airport ticket counter (Smile Service Center at airport) before forwarding it to the company to proceed.
In the event when the passenger has arrived at the destination and did not receive the baggage within 24 hours and not received the baggage after 14 days (base on the arrival date). The company will be responsible for the lost baggage and pay compensation of THB 150 (about USD 5) per kilogram for Economy Class “Smile Class” passenger and Premium Economy Class “Smile Plus” passenger.
The company shall not pay more than THB 3,000 (about USD 100) per 1 piece of the lost baggage for Economy Class “Smile Class” passenger and THB 4,500 (about USD 150) for Premium Economy Class “Smile Plus”. The Passenger must fill in the “Claim Form”, which is available at airport ticket counter (Smile Service Center at airport) before forwarding it to the company to proceed.
Missing Item from Passenger Compartment
In the event when item(s) is found to be missing from passenger compartment, the company will not be responsible in such event as per practice of air transportation. However, the company will assist on tracking the item and inform the passenger once the scheduled time is applicable.